- Try to avoid exposure to the sun and tanning for several days before treatment, and ensure areas to be treated are free of tanning agents prior to your appointment. Please notify the clinician if you have recently applied tanning products, or have had unprotected sun exposure.
- The treatment area should be clean with no lotions, creams or makeup applied.
- Advise the clinician if you are taking any prescribed medication. Some patients may find their skin is slightly more sensitive whilst on medication
- Keep treatment areas clean, using a gentle soap free cleanser, followed by a low irritant moisturiser.
- Apply SPF 30+ to all treatment areas exposed to the sun. Avoid unprotected sun exposure.
- Initial effects of treatment may include temporary redness and a mild “sunburn” like sensation. This usually lasts a few hours, but may persist for 3-4 days or longer. Apply ice packs or cold compressors over treatment areas to reduce inflammation.
- Little scabs may form over treated vessels. If this occurs keep the scabs clean and well moisturised using low irritant products. Do not pick at the scabs, they should fall off within a few days post treatment.
- Treated freckles or pigmentation may temporarily turn darker. It may take 1-2 weeks for their appearance to reduce.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for 48hrs following laser treatment.
- Avoid topical vitamin A creams or serums or 2 weeks following treatment.
- Do not perform topical exfoliation, or use products that contain AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), glycolic acid or salicylic acid, for 2 weeks following treatment.
- Make up may be applied over treatment areas.